Data Discovery and Classification as a Service
A critical first step in compliance understanding what constitutes sensitive information and gaining a holistic understanding of where sensitive data is located within an organisation.
Existing technologies were inadequate and unable to differentiate between sensitive and non-sensitive documents, or even identify sensitive documents at all. Inaccurate solutions alienate business users and may cause security projects to narrow down or even fail completely.
The Progress on-demand audit or continual service, identifies sensitive documents automatically and accurately, enabling companies to have:
- A prioritised list of the documents to protect.
- Focus only on high risk documents and eliminate all unnecessary work on other docs.
- Granular and business aligned data security policies (access, encryption, DLP, audit, retention and DRP).
- Progress can integrate with your existing security tools and make them much more effective and accurate.
- Understand business context of SIEM events.
- Business execs participation and buy-in.
- Clear and management-readable risk criteria.
Data Left Unmanaged
Don't Know Where Data Resides
- Visibility, business user readable reports
- Efficiency, day to achieve complete remediation
- Value, improved security and productivity
- Availability, no degradation in business productivity
- Automation, no staff overhead
- Classification, based on sensitivity and content
- Policies, manage access rights to sensitive information
- Usability, reports without specialist knowledge
Sensitive data assets have become the main target as large-scale data breaches continue to make headlines including Sony, J.P. Morgan, and the OPM to name a few. Insiders and hackers are an ever-growing threat to the survival of businesses. As resources are limited, companies are putting more and more efforts into identifying their key data assets and focusing the security work mainly on them.
Nevertheless, finding the key data assets is quite a challenge. Doing this manually is a Herculean task that may take months or even years. Furthermore, inaccuracies tend to have a dire effect on business, when business users are prevented from performing daily choirs that are the lifeline of the organisation. When this happens, the project is greatly narrowed, or even cancelled altogether.
This is where we can dramatically save time and improve quality. Using the Progress on-demand audit or continual service, we will find and identify all of your regulated data and other sensitive documents, separate them from regular data and help you apply the best security practices only on the sensitive documents. This way, regular documents are not affected and business is not disrupted.
Videos and Downloads